As an attendee of the Western States Leadership School, I agree to the following terms, which help designate us as True Gentlemen and leaders:
- I will behave in a courteous and respectful manner, refraining from language and actions that might bring discredit upon myself, my school, other delegates, advisers or Sigma Alpha Epsilon.
- I will obey all local, state, federal and Fraternity laws.
- I will avoid conduct not conducive to being a True Gentlemen. Such conduct includes, but is not limited to, actions disrupting the School’s business-like atmosphere, association with non-School individuals or activities that endanger myself or others.
- I will report accidents, injuries and illnesses to the School staff immediately.
- I will not consume alcoholic beverages during School hours. Brothers under 21 years of age must follow all state and federal laws. Controlled or illegal substances of any form must be avoided at all times. Use or possession of such substances may subject me to criminal prosecution.
- I will attend all general sessions, chapter meetings and workshops.
- I will appear well in any company, particularly abiding by the School’s dress code.
- As guests of the hotel and conference center, I will obey the rules of these facilities. The facilities have the right to ask attendees to leave. I will not throw anything out of windows or over balconies. I will not run down hallways. I will keep noise at a reasonable volume, especially in the hotel’s common areas. Other guests in the hotel that have rights as well. I will place trash in the proper receptacles. Individuals or chapters responsible for damages to any property or furnishings will be responsible for its repair or replacement.
Disregarding or Violating the Code of Conduct
Brothers who disregard or violate this Code will be subject to disciplinary action, including, but not limited to, forfeiture of privileges to attend further events, dismissal from the School and being sent home at your own expense. Further action can be taken by the Supreme Council, your Province Council or your chapter.